Ancestral Connections invites you to rest into the innate wisdom of your intelligent body through creative embodied constellations processes. This integrative approach is born from the lineages of Expressive Movement, Dramatherapy, Family Constellations and Indigenous knowledge systems and offers you the tools towards re-connection with ourselves, our family and our ancestors.
Ancestral Connections started off as a juxtaposition of the constellation work and Expressive Movement, but having trained each other in our respective disciplines, Sian Palmer and Tanja Meyburgh have woven their combined training and experience over a combined 25 years into a new form – Ancestral Connections.
Those who have participated in this work developed by Sian Palmer and Tanja Meyburgh report feeling a greater sense of belonging, meaning, synchronistic flow, and finding resolution to difficult relationships within the current or family of origin.
What makes Ancestral Connections therapeutic methodology unique?
- We use embodied and relational movement to experience connections with ourselves, families and ancestors.
- Ritual, Ceremony, Story-telling, Constellations and Therapeutic intervention flow seamlessly
- We move with discomfort and difficulties rather than through, away or towards solution – ensuring presence and no dissociation.
- Focus is on Resourcing, empowering and moving towards life
- Facilitation methods conscious not to marginalize, rather to co-create the therapeutic space making it culturally transferable.
Ancestral Connections workshops:
- Embodying Life – connecting to our lineage ancestors, the land, and life force (individual and family soul)
- Gateways – initiation for life through the four biographical gateways that ignite change, growth and development (individual and tribal soul)
- Myths and Archetypes – Connecting to the collective unconscious through constellations, dancing and performing archetypal myths. (Individual and universal soul)
Myths and Archetypes:
11 – 13 October, Cape Town, SA
18 – 20 October, Johannesburg, SA
8 – 10 November, London, UK